Green Home Living Tips
We believe that it will take both big and small changes to create positive effects on our environment.
New ideas are being discussed every day that suggest ways that each of us can make a difference towards a healthier planet.
Soy candles are a great first step!
Here are some other things YOU can do to make the world safer for you and your family:
- Keep canvas bags in your car or pocket to use while shopping. They don't rip, hold a lot of weight and don't take trees or petroleum to make.
- Buy locally whenever possible. Visit local co-ops and farmers markets to get great local produce year round.
- Used books, clothing and many gift items are often just as good as new. Used items are cheaper and are better uses of existing resources.
- Get familiar with your local recycling rules. Recycle everything you can and get to know what you can't recycle. Don't buy materials that aren't easily recyclable.
- Use vinegar to clean the house. A simple solution of vinegar, water and dish soap will clean nearly everything in your home. It's cheap, non-toxic and easy to use.
- Use captured water from your dehumidifier to water plants; inside and out.
- Keep citrus peels. Most insects hate limonene - the oil in the peel. Small piles of zest can be placed around an area to keep it free from flies and mosquitoes. A great way to enjoy a picnic without having to use commercial repellents or insecticides!
- Buy used whenever possible.
Here are some links to other websites with lots of great suggestions of how we can all make a difference:
Sign up for our e-newsletter and we'll send you the latest green living tips and articles.
You can also find our newest Green Living Tips on our e-newsletter page in the archive of monthly e-newsletters.
Green Home Living | Newsletter | Contact Us
Copyright© 2008-2012 Bright Sun Marketing, LLC. All rights reserved.